Friday, November 19, 2010

Studio Time at Jill's

This past week we had studio time again at Jill's.  Nancy, Jeanne, and myself visited at Jill's and made some lace.  I was working on Shelby's blanket.  It's getting closer to done now and a bit exciting.

Studio time is great for me.  It's chance to share events, patterns, books, the famous UnDo's, news in each of our lives. 

We all discussed our great success at the New England Fiber Festival held at the Big E in Springfield, MA two weeks ago.  It was a great time.  Jill noticed that the festival arranged to have 'four hour workshops' available to those attending the event.  She had emailed me on this earlier and said ... 'think about it'. 

We discussed it a bit, we could set up a small project, like a pin that could be completed in the time allotment.  Those of us that demonstrate often times bring a 'try-me' pillow so that event attendees can actually handle the bobbins and make some lace.  I bring along my snake pattern pillow - it's multi-colored and kids really enjoy making lace.

Thanks to Jill for Studio time.  I'm considering taking a lesson or two on some really interesting point ground laces.  (yes I know - not till next year !)

No comments: