Monday, December 13, 2010

Knit-A-Square - The Connecticut Connection!

Edyie has come through. She is the International chair of the General Federation of Women's Clubs(GFWC) local club.  The Newington/Wethersfield Women's Club will be officially adopting Knit-A-Square as their International project!

Long story, short - Edyie and I met through my volunteering at the Library. This past November, I was at the polls promoting Library cards with Norma. We talked, and Knit-a-Square came up. She also knew Edyie. A month ago, Edyie and I spoke about the project. I sent her the information and voila!

This is great for Knit-A-Square - I'll be speaking at their meeting on Jan 25th. Edyie is excited as she thinks that we can bring KasCare to all the clubs in Connecticut. GFWC has about 48 clubs in Connecticut alone, then there are the clubs in other states!

PS she has 26 squares for me and will be dropping them off this week!

2 comments:

Dawne said...

How wonderful! So glad to have you on board. I've been a supporter of Knit-a-square for some time now and really enjoy being a part of an organization making a real difference to the lives of the orphans. I can't wait to read more in the coming months about CFWC & their support of knit-a-square :)

Patty said...

Hi Dawne,
It's a modest start. Thank you for all your involvement in Knit-A-Square as it has made a difference. I'm looking forward to the next group I get to speak with.

I'll post our progress.

Patty