Sunday, September 27, 2009

Update on the blanket


It's been several weeks since the update on Shelby's blanket. In that time I've demonstrated at the Big E and the Milford Historical Society. We have had an NELG meeting and a CT Lace day. Oh yeah - I have been working many hours at my business.

An observation of myself - having a new project, and new projects coming into the pipe line is good for my creative side. Even if it only a half hour a day, it is rewarding to see a project continue to grow.

The second round of the burgandy color is now complete, yes all 154 squares. Round 3 is a dark pink. This round adds some texture with front post double crochet (FPDC)around. It does cover up lots of the burgandy of the 2nd round. That's okay as the hints of the burgandy will become more apparant as the rounds get completed.

Each square doesn't take too long - the first pink was about 1 minute, the 2nd round about 2.5 minutes, and the third round about 2-3 minutes. I hope that in another month from now the 3rd round will be completed and beginning round 4! Stay Tuned.

No comments: